Friday, May 6, 2011

A great day

Yesterday we took the kids to Busch Gardens after school. It was a perfect day for it! Sunny, not too humid, and the crowds weren't bad at all!

There was a time.... not too long ago, that I was scared I wouldn't be able to fit on "adult" rides.... let alone any children's rides!

There is an area in Busch Gardens called Jungala. It is where they house their tiger exhibits, and also a fun little area with splash pads, rope-courses, and two rides. One of those rides is "Jungle Flyers." The Busch Gardens website description states: "Young adventurers soar through the sky on this multi-level zip line with three different flight patterns above the tree tops."


This ride is intended for children age 13 and under - however, an adult may ride if accompanied by a child that fits the requirements. Even though the flyers are only a 1-person seat, two are launched together.

Please note this line:


Just a few months ago, I would not have been able to ride this ride with my son. He was thrilled when I said "Let's go!"

It was even more thrilling for me. So many people may not even give that line a second thought, but someone of size... or someone previously of size, this line means a lot.

For me to not have to worry that my weight was going to stop me from enjoying something with my son.... was an indescribable feeling! It felt even better when... just to be sure, I asked the attendant whether I could ride or not, and he scoffed and said "Of course!" When I looked at him sheepishly and said "Are you sure I'm not too big?," it felt amazing when he looked at me like I was crazy and said "You're not even near the weight limit! Hop on!!"

I did! And we "flew" several times, since there was no line! My son had a blast! And so did I. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment