Thursday, May 26, 2011

A 10!? NO. WAY!!

So in late March, the weather was starting to get warmer (above 80).... so I needed to buy shorts. I've always been a jeans-and-tee-shirt kind of gal. And for years, I never wore shorts. EVER. When I reached my heaviest weight, I HAD to wear shorts because I could not stand the heat. I had NO tolerance whatsoever and even though I hated how my legs looked in shorts, I got to a point where I stopped caring about what others thought.

Anyway I had no shorts that fit me anymore. The shorts I wore in 2009 ranged between size 26W/28W and size 30W/32W. Most of 2010 was spent pregnant, and I owned a pair of 3X maternity shorts from Motherhood Maternity (I loved those by the way). So when I went to Sears, I tried on a 16. Not a 16W, but a 16. A regular "16." I was thrilled that they fit! I was ecstatic! I bought them.

2 months later, and a size "16" is falling off my butt!! Literally. I had to run after the post-lady the other day because I missed her and she was down the road. As I was wogging (walking and jogging combo .... yes, I created my own word lol) I had to pull up my pants and hold them up because they kept sagging off.

So today, I decided to venture to Sears again because their Levi shorts are currently on sale for $17.99. I love the Levi shorts I bought 2 months ago - I loved that they weren't long like bermuda shorts (which don't do me any favors in my quest to look "good!") and they weren't up-your-butt short. They're called mid-rise and they're the best ever!

Since I'm not sure what size I am, I picked up a 14P, 14, 12, 12P, and a 10.

.... Even writing that above sentence ... I still can't believe that I am the one writing this. Even in high school.... I was never below an 11. Junior sizes run differently so I was always between an 11 and a 13, but 9 out of 10 times I was a 13. When I started college, that's when I jumped from the 13 juniors to a 14 in Women's. At my smallest, I was an 11. And that was a very brief period of time.

Anyway so I get into the dressing room. The 14's were too big (though the 14P still didn't fit! I don't get it!?) So I tried on the 12's (forget the 12P) - and the 12 is very comfortable with plenty of room (most people would consider it to be too much room, but for me, wearing things big keeps me comfortable).

I looked at the 10's and thought "No way.... is it even possible?"

And I was shocked that not only is it possible, but it's real! I am a size 10! At least in the Levi's mid-rise 515 shorts! I think for now I'll still opt for the 12's, but to be able to fit into a 10.... are you kidding!? There was a period of time, NOT long ago at all, that I'd be hard-pressed to find a size 10 to fit around my LEG, let alone around my waist!!!!!


Levi's 515 Shorts, mid-rise

I decided to buy the size 10 and size 12. I also bought a sports bra to wear around the house because it's comfortable. My total came to just over $50. Right before I was about to swipe my card, I saw a flier to the left of me that said if I spend $50 or more on apparel TOMORROW, I can get a $10 gift card back (and the sale prices of today would still be valid tomorrow). UGH!!!

Needless to say, I am going to be heading back there tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the shorts I wanted to buy are still there, because those were the only two I could find in "my" sizes!

And I'll end with a random vent: Why is it, that no matter WHAT size you are, it is always impossible to find clothes in your size!? If you're at the store, it is inevitable that the size you are looking for will be the only one NOT on the rack. I swear there is a conspiracy, LOL. (I kid).

No comments:

Post a Comment