Monday, September 5, 2011

Friend Makin Mondays

I would really like to update with a more bloggy-type post, but my brain is fried and I am exhausted. So what else is there to do when exhausted, than a survey? Really though, I appreciate that blogger Kenlie creates these every week. When I participate, it means at the very least that I am visiting my own page! Which is good because it reminds me not to forget about it!

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
We’ve talked about this topic before, but this week the questions are different so take a few minutes to think on your answers. And if you have any ideas for FMM, feel free to pass them along! And if we use them, you’ll be sure to get the credit! :)

FMM: Favorite Things

1) What is your favorite food?  Oddly enough, I don't really have an all-time favorite. I go through phases of craving different foods though... and since I have been actively losing weight, my biggest nemesis has been cereal. Yes, cereal. And of course, I don't crave the healthy stuff. No. Give me a big ol' box of Apple Jacks, or Fruit Loops, or Frosted Flakes, and I can polish it down in a short amount of time. And these aren't the "reduced sugar" variety either. ::sigh:: Those and Reese's Mini-cups. Stupid cravings. And carbs. Ugh. I guess my favorite food group, generally speaking, would be sweets and carbs. Yeah. And I wonder how I managed to gain all the weight I did over the years!

2) What is your favorite childhood memory?  Spending Christmases and the 4th of July at my Grandma's house, playing with my cousins and just generally having a wonderful time and feeling loved.

3) What is your favorite way to burn calories?  The wii!! I love Dance Dance Revolution and Just Dance. And it's even better when my kids play too. Or even Wii Active. The best way to burn calories is when you're having a good time!! Dancing is definitely a great calorie burner.

4) What is your favorite mode of technological communication? Phone? Text? E-mail? Tweets?  Over the years this has changed. For a while, I preferred email, hands down. Now I prefer the phone. I like to talk to the person I'm communicating with, and it's also much less time consuming than sitting down preparing an email. And it helps bonding more.

5) Who is your favorite actor/actress? Honestly, I very rarely think about actors and actresses and I think the celebrities out there get paid an absurd amount for essentially playing make-believe. I definitely like several out there, but I'm too tired right now to think about who.

6) What is your favorite lip color? Honestly I have no idea? For EVER I wore Revlon's Mocha-something-or-other. But it was clearly too dark for my complexion. I got away with it from 16-23 but think I would look ridiculous with it now. But I'm completely clueless in this area. I really need to sit down with someone who has a good eye for flattering makeup (and clothing, and hairstyles, and everything else I didn't pay attention to for 10+ years) to show me what looks good on me.

7) Who is your favorite historical figure? Well I enjoy learning about the Tudor Dynasty, but I can't say that any of the particular people (Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn, etc) are my "favorite." It's hard to say which historical figure is my favorite. I could also be having a difficult time with this because it is now 3:19am :X

8)  Who is your favorite athlete?  Mike Alstott, definitely. Not only was he a great football player, but he is also an amazing person "IRL." And he's a huge supporter of LEO's (law enforcement officers) and their families, which is big in my book.


9) What is your favorite TV network? Whichever network has Modern Family (abc?), also a fan of HLN, TLC, A&E, NatGeo

10) What is your favorite site on the web? I'd have to say The Nest/bump. I've gone there (for the message boards) since 2003 and think I will continue to go there for years to come. There are others sites I love too, but at this point, I've got to hit the "publish post" button and get the heck to bed. I am starting to nod off!!

10 comments:

  1. Hiya, stopping by from FMM. I'm another Laura who has lost over 100 pounds :) Definitely bookmarking you and will be back to explore! Happy Labor Day and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get my Wii fixed! And yes, cereal is sooo good!

    Hope you've had a great Holiday weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, stopping in from FMM.

    Another cereal freak! {{hugs}}! I could easily sit & eat 3 bowls of Life cereal at one time. Om nom nom nom.

    And I like the Tudor era, too! The clothes, everything!

    Happy long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stopping fro FMM. I love the web question since its given me more places to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite athlete is also more for the work he did off the ice than on, so I can totally get liking Alstott for his support of LEO :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from FMM. Loving TLC too, especially *What Not to Wear* and *Sister Wives*, which I started watching b/c of *Big Love* (sad it's over!).

    I'm loving your site. Plan to do a little explorin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from FMM. I love ceral, too! In addition to those I love Lucky Charms. I could eat the whole box!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laura! Just got done checking out your stats. Wow! Very nice!

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I am just coming in from FMM. Nice to meet you! I'm with you about the actresses/actors. You have had excellent progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I'm so glad I found your blog! Your doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete